Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Favorite Quilt



This is a lap size quilt I did about a year ago. I love the colors in it. I tried a new design when I was machine quilting it with a circular pattern (I think you can see it in the first photo). Now it is one of my favorite designs to do when I machine quilt. I freehand it and get my rhythm going. My son, Jon, loves to come up next to me and move his hands like mine, and then move them in crazy ways trying to get me to mess up! My goal is to make a King size similar to this for my bed. Maybe this fall I can get around to it:)
I went shopping this morning for new capris and a couple of summer shirts. You know you're a quilter when you look at shirts and think "That fabric would look good in a quilt." It's so nice to have warm weather finally. We had such a long, snowy winter this year. I don't remember the last time we had snow in May!

No comments: