Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mmmm......Homemade Wheat Bread

 I spent yesterday with my parents.  I had asked my Mom to teach me how to make wheat bread.  She makes the BEST bread ever!!  Dad ground some fresh wheat flour for us.  Mom told me what to put in and how to mix it.  She keeps the recipe in her head and knows how to adjust it to make the dough just right.
 We let is raise and then popped it in the oven.
 The smell was so wonderful.  Nothing like bread baking.  I think we did 3 batches (I lost count...ha ha)
 We did a batch with 9 grain added.  I love the crunchy texture of this bread.  Of course we had to take a break to try the bread with some peach jam.  I think I ate way too much bread yesterday, but it was so good I couldn't stop.  I came home with 3 loaves.  One to eat now and 2 to slice and put in my freezer for another day.   When Gary got home from work he had to try a couple pieces.  I would have been happy to call that dinner!!
While the bread was baking I took advantage of Mom's long kitchen counter and cut out some things to sew for Christmas for my grandkids.  Can't believe Christmas will be here in 6 weeks.

No comments: