Saturday, July 5, 2008

A quick summer quilt

I put pieced this quilt and quilted it Thursday and Friday. I needed a new summer quilt for my entry way. These were the 2 Charm Packs I bought on the Shop Hop. It's simple, but I think it turned out good. I also made a nightgown for my friend's birthday. It has been so nice to have 4 days in a row off. I've gotten and lot done and still have time for more!

We had a good 4th. It started with a big family breakfast in the morning. Then we just puttered around the house in the afternoon. My parents and sister stopped by for a bit in the evening (and to drop off a quilt I need to machine quilt for my sister). After that it was just Gary and I home. We sat on the porch in the swing and watched the neighbor's (illegal!!) fireworks. I guess they had one tip over and shoot huge fireworks into our driveway and under our trailer just before we went out. They told us they were afraid they set our trailer on fire. Jaycee had a blast at The Stadium of Fire. She loved Blue Man Group as much as Miley Cyrus.

No comments: