Monday, January 26, 2009

Brrrr...It's cold outside

We had a few foggy mornings around here. It ices everything and makes it so pretty. It's fun to watch it fall off when the sun decides to come out. We had a pretty good snowstorm last night -- wet snow! It makes me want to stay inside and be lazy!
We had a sewing day last Saturday with my mom, sisters, daughters, cousins, etc. I cut out this quilt and got quite a few of the blocks done. I took my camera to take pictures of the other projects but was so involved with my quilt I forgot to take pictures. I quilted it up and then washed it so the centers would fray. Originally I was going to give it to my friend who is expecting a girl soon, but I hate to give a quilt that has been washed already. It's going to my granddaughter, Jayda, instead! I love the browns and pinks!
I've got quite a few quilts waiting to be machine quilted. I have 2 antique quilts for my husband's aunts. I fret about those. I get nervous that I will mess up on them so I just have a hard time putting them on and doing them. Then my sister's friends have some table toppers and lap quilts to be done. I have about 10 of my own hanging in my closet waiting. I really need to quit procrastinating and get some done. I've been wanting a stitch regulator for my quilting machine and finally gave in and bought it last week. I read the instructions (complicated) and then tried to put it on. They sent the wrong plug for my machine so I had to take it back and have them order another one. Hopefully it will be here this week.


3 comments:

Nedra said...

At least you are brave enough to quilt your own things. I'm still sending mine out. I love the pink and brown quilt, which is saying a lot because I basically don't like pink. Somehow the brown just makes it look all better.

jamie said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

That quilt is fun. I would give it away - even washed. However, it is sometimes more fun to keep them in the family. Hope the regulator gets in soon.