Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Doll Bags

I made a few of these bags for the paper dolls. The pattern is from a quilt magazine. I thought it would work great with the pockets on the outside. I added a pocket on the inside for the doll clothes. Next time I think I'll add Velcro to the pocket to hold it closed.
As my family knows, I've been without a cell phone for almost a year. I gave mine to my 14-year-old daughter. I thought I really didn't need one since I work from home -- but there have been times when I've been out running errands that I really could have used one. Before when Gary couldn't reach me at home he would call me on my cell and the first thing out of his mouth was always "Put the fabric down and step away from the counter." Well, he got new phones for both of us today - Yeah! They are slider phones. Our kids were laughing at us trying to use the darn things. It has a joystick butting instead of up and down arrows -- so sensitive. It's going to take some getting used to, but I feel like I'm back in the real world now!

4 comments:

Nedra said...

We were not born with a computer disc embedded in our brains the way our kids were. I have a cell phone, but it's the old kind that isn't too hard to figure out. Welcome to the 21st century!

Anonymous said...

I love the bags. Jamie told me last night that you now are tethered to the rest of us. Even if you don't use it much, it is great to have when out and about.

Myra said...

Great bags! Very cute! 8-)

Always fun to figure out new cell phones... lol...

Happy stitchings!

Lonci said...

Beautiful bag