Sunday, March 15, 2009

A few out of the way....

I've been trying to clean out the pile of quilts waiting to be machine quilted. I've done one lap size quilt and 4 wall hangings. They are my sisters and her quilting ladies. They get together once a week and have a blast! I really want to sit down and work on the pretzel quilt, but I'm feeling good about being so productive on the others.
I've got a new project for when I watch TV or riding in the car. I've loved the Grandma's Garden hexagon quilts forever. After seeing some beautiful quilts recently I decided it was time for me to try. I really enjoy doing them. I can get a few done during a movie. It might take me a year to get this one done but it will be so worth it. Another thing -- it's a good way to use up those little scraps I can't bear to throw away.
I made this bag last week. It's wider than I thought it would be -- but still turned out cute. I think it's one of the easiest bag pattern's I've tried.
It's Sunday afternoon and we have a ham and funeral potatoes in the oven --traditional Mormon dinner! I think we'll pass on the green Jello. Hopefully some of our married kids will be over with the grandkids.

3 comments:

Nedra said...

Your GFG is coming along nicely. It's one of the reasons I loved making mine. Great project to take along where ever you go.

Sandy Buffington said...

Love the bag! Now I really want funeral potatoes... yum!

Myra said...

Wow! You have been productive! Good for you! Your projects are awesome! Hope you had a houseful for dinner! 8-)
Happy stitchings!