Friday, October 2, 2009

Pumpkin Time

This is pottery pumpkin is one of my favorite Halloween decorations. We brought 2 of them back from Silver Dollar City near Branson, Missouri years ago when we used to go every year. I love to get them out every fall!

Other big news.....my nephew Eric just got home this week from his mission (for our church) to Macon, Georgia. They live in Vegas but came up this weekend for General Conference. It was soooo good to see him again. I didn't get a very good picture. Poor guy, I think he was tired of posing for pictures. My other nephew, Blake, is kind of in the picture. It was fun to see all the boy cousins get together with Eric -- I think they missed each other!
I picked one last bowl of tomatoes before the freeze came. I'm hoping the green ones will get ripe too. I hate to give up my tomato sandwiches until next year....sigh.

I got inspired by blogger Crazy Mom Quilts to make a Quilt of Valor. I was going to send her some blocks, but had so much fun making them that I decided to do my own quilt and send in. What a great way to honor the men and women who have served our country, and sacrificed so much for us. Here's a link to the Quilts of Valor website if anyone is interested.

No comments: