Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Morning

It was soooo windy the last couple of days. It blew in a nice winter storm for us. It was so pretty to look out the window and see the covered trees that I really can't complain about the snow. It's been slow at work -- which is a bad thing when you work from home. You don't get paid to sit there, so I've been trying to get some more quilting done. Good plan gone wrong.


I'm terribly embarrassed to admit to my new addictions. Dog The Bounty Hunter! Previous to this I had no interest whatsoever in that show. I sat down to sew one day and it was on... and I couldn't find the remote, so just watched it for a bit......and before I knew it I was hooked. I'm impressed with the advice they give when they arrest people to find God in their lives. Good advice to all of us. My other addiction is a computer video game. Argg! I hate wasting time when I could be sewing!
*************************************

I remember when I was in high school there was a lady in our neighborhood who was a single mom and not a very good housekeeper (horrible in fact). The ladies in our church would go over and try to help her out and teach her to clean. My mom came home one day, shaking her head in disbelief. She said the lady would play a housecleaning game. She would clean for 30-45 minutes and then she was done for the day! Why am I bringing this up? I'm guilty of playing the housecleaning game lately! Like this morning I decided I had to clean the upstairs bathrooms and do 2 loads of laundry before I could sew (I should be working...but no work this morning). My house is usually really clean.....but I just let sewing get in the way of the bathrooms and other not so fun chores. Maybe the cleaning game is not so bad for me after all.
I did put on some flannel yesterday and tried a few new stitches and played around with the quilting machine.
I've been doodling this one (above) for a few weeks. I saw it in a quilting magazine. It would be good for a border.

4 comments:

Nedra said...

Oh, some days are just like that. Especially in the winter when the skies are gray.

Nann said...

I love the pix of the trees. I am so lucky my neighbors on either side have snow blowers. I love some of the stitches on the fabric. I am a pro at putting off housekeeping. Just ask Jamie!!

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

This no work stuff is KILLING me! It's nice to have a break, but man, I need to work. p.s. I want you to make me a crib set. We'll have to get together and throw some ideas together.

Lavada said...

I'm still praying for snow here in Memphis. Even when we do get some, it is nothing like what you are enjoying right now. Absolutely beautiful!