Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

I got some beautiful flowers from Gary (in my favorite color). It's always a special day on Valentines, but especially this year. It marks the30th anniversary of our getting engaged.
Who were those young kids? I remember when that picture was taken for our invitations. I wondered where we would be in 10 or 20 years. I have to say that the last 30 years haven't always been easy...but they have brought us to where we are today. I'm more in love with him today that I could ever imagine. He's my best friend. I love it when he's home from work and puttering around the house or yard. I love camping and 4-wheeling with him. He's so cute when he puts his baseball hat on backwards with his sunglasses and zooms off on his wheeler. We have been blessed with a wonderful family, the joy of seeing our kids grow up and get married and give us the best grandkids in the world!

2 comments:

Nann said...

Excerpts from the letter you wrote to me:
"Well, I can't believe that it really happened. i was hpting that we would get engaged, but i really wasn't expecting it yet. Well I was really surprised when I opened it and saw the ring. Gary was so cute. He almost wrecked. I'm really excited!!"

There is more I will have to copy for you. As well as letters from the family.

LOoe you!

Kathy said...

WOW! 30 years! I guess I was 5 when you two got married. I remember that day very well and being so sad that you were leaving.

Congrats to you and Gary!

Love you!