Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Purple People Feeder

 Here's a fun, easy idea for you.  IFA or Cal Ranch carry these chick feeders.  They come in metal and plastic bright colors.  Of course I picked purple!!  Wash it in hot, soapy water.  Dry completely.
 Then buy a BIG bag of M&Ms, skittles, or any small candy.  I think I'm even going to try sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.  I bought a large bag and it didn't quite fill the feeder and bottle.  I'd suggest getting the really big bags from Sam's or Costco.
 Fill a canning bottle with candy and screw the feeder base on.  Then turn over and ENJOY!  I used a pint jar since I didn't have enough candy, but I think a quart jar looks better.  It would be fun to mix some Easter candy and jelly beans too.  YUM!!
 I gave these as Christmas neighbor gifts years ago when they only made metal ones.  I'm loving the bright colors....red and green would be perfect for Christmas. 

 Here's BrookLynn in her hospital crib.  She has a staph infection again.  Poor little girl.  She had the liver abscess and staph infection when she was born, and several recurrences since.  The infectious disease doctors are trying to figure it out.  She pulled out her first IV.  Her poor arm is all bandaged up to keep her from pulling it out again....hopefully!

 She's watching the Wiggles on TV.  She would walk around her crib and pull on the bars.  I think she wants out and to go home.
I got a kick out of the weight limit on her crib....350 pounds.  Really??

1 comment:

Myra said...

Cute People Feeder idea Carrie! 8-)

Poor Brooklynn... I hope the docs figure things out for her and the family...