I can't believe the month is almost over. I think it was a really an uneventful month for the most part....which is not a bad thing. A few highlights and what I've learned this month:
- My niece's wedding and visiting with family. We even had the opportunity to take a picture of my parents and all 8 siblings. Not sure how it turned out yet...but I'm sure we are still a good-looking group!
- We've only been on 2 rides on the 4-wheelers. Got to get more riding in this summer!
- School is out. Jaycee goes back as a Junior in high school in the fall. Yay for only 2 years left in the public school system.
- Sleepovers still make teenagers grumpy the next day.
- A pedicure is pure heaven!
- A well planned day never goes as planned...not even close most of the time.
- Snakes in the grass still startle me....but they make Gary jump and swear!
- The mouse in the chicken coop can eat all the chicken food it wants as long as it stays out of my house.
- Max and Molly still hate fireworks. Neighbors have been lighting them every night for the last few nights. Nothing like having to peel a dog off you every couple of minutes.
- A cool shower and clean sheets are the best way to end a summer day.
- Things happen for a reason.
Last night Jaycee and I decided to walk to the gas station to get a snack. We headed out and got as far as the next door neighbor's house and it started raining. We turned around and went back home. When we got to the front door it quit...so we headed off again.
Half way there it started raining with lightening and thunder. We kept going. It was fun...laughing and walking in the rain in our flip flops.