Friday, July 29, 2011

Dog Days of Summer


What are "Dog Days of Summer"??
The hot, humid, unbearable summer days. 

I think I'm experiencing it to the fullest this week.  Not only the heat, but also lack of energy, motivation, and drive.  I'm tired of work.  Tired of laundry, dishes, and cleaning house.  Tired of sewing/quilting.  Finding no joy in life.  I think I must need a vacation.  But since that won't be happening anytime soon.....I'm not sure what to do to get me out of this funk.  I feel like sleeping all day....just like my dogs do.  In fact I took a 3-hour nap this afternoon.


  In addition to the heat making me miserable, I have RLS (restless legs syndrome) really bad. The last few nights have been HORRIBLE.  I haven't slept good at all.  I've had to get up and walk in the kitchen and front room.  It usually gets better in the early morning hours....but today I've been awake since 4 a.m. with jumpy, crawly legs.  Can't hold them still and it feels like electric shocks.  I paced the kitchen floor.  I tried working, but just couldn't sit still in my chair.  I shook my legs.  Walked up and down the stairs.  Pounded on my legs with my fists.  I know...sounds crazy but I'll try anything to get my legs to settle down.  It's not fun....not at all.  They finally settled down around 9 a.m. so I could work.  I felt like I was in a fog all day.  The nap just made me feel more tired.  I'm hoping I can sleep tonight.  If not....you can bet I'll be growling like a dog tomorrow.  Barking and biting off heads.  True dog days of summer!  

No comments: