Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pink and Black Love!

 I made this baby quilt for my daughter's friend who's having a girl soon.  I love the pinks and blacks together.  I loved it so much that I just bought enough fabric to do another one.  It seems that baby quilts are all I can muster up the strength to do now.  Some day I'll feel like tackling a full size {or bigger} again.
 This is Jaycee after the Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork.  It's crazy how the kids flock to the event every year!  I guess it is a good cultural experience.  
I really haven't been blogging much lately because I'm just not loving life.  Once again I'm picking myself up and putting a smile on my face {I haven'gt cried for 8 days now!}.  Work has been a big challenge.  It's hard leaving a job you absolutely love and going to something new.  My new schedule is 4 a.m. to 12 noon Tuesday to Saturday.  It was Sunday to Thursday...which are Gary's days to work...and it was working good for me, but they had to change them because of the work flow.  I hate getting up at 3:54 a.m.  Yup...give myself 6 minutes to fall out of bed and stumble down the stairs to my office.  I could never do it if I had to drive into work.  It's not so bad...I only have to set my alarm clock...and 5 alarms on my cell phone.  I have seen more sunrises in the last month than in my whole entire life!  By about the 3rd day of early mornings I crash and take an early afternoon nap with my nap buddies, Max and Molly.

2 comments:

Lavada said...

While not quite as early as you, for five years I got up at 4:30 am to get ready to teach early morning seminary. I know those mid week crashes well!

Me said...

that is dang cute! don't worry, there is always sunshine after rain:)