Sunday, November 11, 2012

Head Over Heels.....

 .......About the Row Along Quilt.  I'm absolutely loving it.  I first saw it on Nedra's blog.  I've always enjoyed reading her blog and so when I saw it  I knew I had to jump in and do it too!!  You can find complete instructions at Bee In My Bonnet by Lori Holt.  It took me a couple of weeks to find fabric to do it in.  I searched through my stash and finally decided on some American Jane fabrics from Moda that I've had for awhile.  I think they will work great since there are 4 prints of each color on the yardage.  I'm using Kona  Snow for the background. 
I did the butterfly blocks first.  They are smaller butterflies from the ones I did for a quilt a couple of years ago.  Then I did the apple blocks.  I really enjoyed piecing those 2 rows.  In fact I've been doing 2 rows of each block so I can make 2 quilts from this project. 
 I was surprised how much work went into the flying geese rows and how small the blocks were.  A little tedious work there.  Not sure I would do those again that small.  I did like doing the chevron row. 
I did a couple of the hot chocolate mugs tonight.  After sewing all weekend on these blocks I'm burned out.  Maybe I need a couple days away from it before I finish that row.  I'm really thankful to Lori for doing this Row Along.  It's going to be fun to see the final quilt top.  I can't wait to see what fun rows she has planned for the rest of the quilt.
 Now off to bed.  It's a chilly 18 degrees outside and I can't wait to snuggle in for the night!

No comments: