Saturday, January 26, 2013

Monster Mash

 I found a cute tutorial on how to make Monster Hand Warmers for my grandkids over at Sew Mama Sew.  I had some fun fur left over from a past Halloween costume (or some other projecte that I can't remember?) and decided to give it a try.  They sewed up pretty fast.  I made the three pictured here but need to get more made so all the grandkiddies can have their own.  I tested one out by popping it into the microwave for 30 seconds and it was just right -- not too hot or cold. 
I took a picture of my phone Tuesday morning when it was zero degrees.  One of these hand warmers would have come in handy.  Thursday morning we had freezing rain.  My father-in-law called to warn us to be careful if we went outside.  Right after hanging up the phone from talking to him my husband took out the trash, stepped off the porch and fell smack dab on his back.  He's been kinda achy in his back and neck but getting better.  The ER's and InstaCare's were all busy with slip and fall injuries that day.  I did okay.  When I walked out to the car I slid (gracefully...ha ha) a couple of feet to the car door but stayed upright.  Whew!  I always joke about breaking a hip -- but I really never want to do that!  Today is a heat wave, currently 34 degrees and very, very foggy.  Snow has been melting all day and you only need a hoodie when you go outside.  

1 comment:

jamie said...

Those hand warmers are so cute!!