Monday, March 4, 2013

A Spring Walk

The weather is finally starting to get warm here in Utah.  On Saturday afternoon Gary and I decided to go for a walk.  We walked a few blocks through our neighborhood to the gateway to the Provo River Trail and then headed down towards the lake.  We didn't make it all the way to the lake...but that's our goal for future walks.  We enjoyed the walk and seeing the snow still on the river banks. 
 There were a couple of ducks enjoying a swim in the river.  This Mallard reminded me of the ducks we used to have.  Someday I hope we get ducks and chickens again.
 I enjoyed it so much that I asked Jaycee to go with me Sunday afternoon when I got home from work.  I remembered to take my camera this time.  I love the cool cuts in the concrete in the underpass.  It reminds me of one of those Tupperware shape toys.

 We couldn't resist taking our pictures here. 

  It really is such a pretty trail to walk on.  I can't wait to see how the scenery changes when the trees start getting leaves and the spring run off brings the river level higher.
 Gary and I finished watching Season 3 of Downton Abbey.  Oh my.....what an ending.  I won't say more since my parents and sisters still haven't seen this season.  I'm so hooked on this show and can hardly wait to see what Season 4 will bring.

No comments: