Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wedding Quilt

 My friend's son got married this month.  She made him this awesome quilt....which I had the pleasure of quilting for her.  I say pleasure because it was a fun one to quilt and see it all come together. 
  I took a few pictures of the quilt and printed them off to doodle on to come up with a design.  I really love her choice of colors for the pattern she used.  She really has a knack with the colors on every quilt she does. 
 Even the back looks fun!!

  This is a chenille baby quilt I did.  I've done one other chenille quilt and have been wanting to try another one for awhile.  I prewashed all the fabric so it wouldn't shrink differently when washed.  The back is a cotton piece and then I used 4 layers of flannel.  I used my walking foot for the first time!!  It made sewing all those lines easy.  I used scissors to cut through the flannel layers....which was hard on my hands.  If I do more I'm going to invest in an Olfa Chenille Cutter for sure!!

No comments: