Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day


 I'm a little late in posting this, but I had a great Mother's Day.  I had to work, but it was okay since I was home by 3 p.m.  My kids got me these great gifts.  Puzzle shaped picture frames from Jared/Lara Leigh and Jonny/Bekkah. 
  Great smelling perfume and a bouquet of flowers from Jamie/John.
 A Smash book (for writing ideas and keeping track of fun stuff) from Jodi/Cody.  
  Jaycee and my husband gave me a new lunchbox with matching plastic food containers and a new purple daisy plant for my porch.  I feel spoiled.


 I've been doing a little machine quilting now that my machine is set up in the garage.  I didn't plan on it being kinda hot...and sometimes really hot....out there in the summer months.  Thank goodness for a fan to keep the air circulating.  This is a quilt my friend made for a new grand-baby.  I had fun quilting it in black thread on the front and pink on the back.

  We cleaned out the garage this week and I found a couple of bins full of quilts to be quilted.  Hopefully I can get to them soon.  It feels so good to get one done and out of the way.  And I really need to build up my baby quilt stash as it seems like I never have one on hand when a baby comes along.  Sigh.....

No comments: