Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful Time of Year

I'm thankful for the comforts of home, the familiar decorations out on the shelves and around the home.  A job that can be hard, but so rewarding.  Quilting and my fabric stash.  Cold pizza for breakfast on occasion {it would be everyday if I had my way}.  
 The seasons, each one unique and a welcome change.  Rainy days are my favorite.  The kindness of strangers.  Little things like holding the door open are uplifting on a bad day.  Growing older because, like my dad says, it's better than the alternative {he's a retired mortician so I trust that he knows!}  The aches and pains that come with maturity let me know that I'm alive.  
 My cellphone, especially the ability to text.  I have to admit that I don't like talking on the phone.  I'm in good company because my husband and kids are the same way.  We always joke about how awkward we are with each other on the phone.  Snapchat is a blessing!!  Little snippets of our lives sent back and forth.
Family is a BIG one on my list.  I don't know where I would be without my husband.  He's my rock, my best friend, the love of my life.  My five kids are also big on the list.  I'm so proud of how they have turned into such wonderful people.  They are caring, hardworking, amazing, loving, giving, and just such good kids!  It's so fun when we all get together and my kids talk about their adventures growing up and the family vacations.  They have given me grandchildren who make my life so happy.  I'm so thankful for their choice in their spouses.  I'm thankful for my parents and the example they have been and still are in my life.  I'm also so thankful for my siblings.  LOVE, love, love my family!!
 This little man and my daughter live with us.  I love seeing Jaycee become a mama.  I'm thankful for having a baby in the house again.  Love the cuddles and slobbers.  It's so fun seeing him grow and learn new things.
I'm also thankful for my dogs.  They have been there to keep me company, listen to me, and companionship that is unconditional.
I'm thankful for the little things that make a big difference in daily life.  Electricity, internet, toilet paper, washing machine and dryer, running water, heat and air conditioning, cars, my bed, quilts, pillows, etc.
I'm thankful for sunsets and sunrises.  The close of a day that has been amazing or not so great.  The hope of the new day to come.  I'm thankful for the smell of Sunday dinner when I get home from work.  My husband is the best cook!  I'm thankful for my senses.  How wonderful to see, hear, taste, smell, touch.  Laughter.  Smiles.  Tears.  
Heartbreaks and trials because they have made me a better person.  Forgiveness.  Forgiving others.  
*********
I've been doing a little bit of sewing.  Not as much as I would like because I've had 2 bad colds already this year.  I'm still trying to get rid of this last one, which was getting better and then hit me really hard.  I have my wheezing and uncontrollable cough.  Miserable!!  Thank goodness for antibiotics and prednisone!  Each day gets a little better.  Blah blah, sorry about that.
Anyway, I made this earphone case for Jaycee.  Maybe it will help her keep tract of them!!  {Here's the link in case you want to make some}

No comments: