Monday, August 17, 2015

A Couple Fun Projects

 Tracy gave me some fun owl fabric a couple of months ago (have I mentioned that I love it when my sisters clean out their stash). I tried a new pattern for this quilt.  I goofed in turning the rows the opposite way to cut them out, but it doesn't look so bad...at least that's what I'm telling myself.  Now I want to try this pattern again for a lap size quilt out of some darker fabrics I've had for years.  That will be a good winter project.

 Jaycee got some of these Aden and Anais swaddle blankets when Sterling was born.  I LOVED them.  Wish they would have been around when I was having babies.  They're 44 x 44 inches, a good size for wrapping up a baby.  The Cotton Shop started carrying the gauze fabric in really cute prints.  I resisted buying any until now.  I bought 1-1/4 yards of this bunny print to make it 44 x 44.  It's a swaddle blanket for grandbaby #9 who is due in September.  First I surged around all the edges.
 Then I did a double fold narrow hem all around.
 I bought the fabric on sale so it cost me about $12 for the blanket.  The name brand  blankets are around $18, so it's a pretty good deal.  
Up next are some boy blankets for the new baby.  Trying not to procrastinate until the last minute.  

No comments: