Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reflecting

 I sat on the front porch the other night reflecting on the last couple of months as I watched the clouds change shapes.  I took pictures of them as I sat there.  
 The end of July, Gary's uncle passed away.  We attended the funeral on the 29th.  He was never one to brag about himself or his accomplishments, so I was surprised to learn of all he had accomplished in life.  On our way home from that funeral we stopped in to see my Uncle Fred and Aunt Deanne.  These are two of my favorite people!!  My aunt had been having some health problems, so I really wanted to see her.  It was such a good visit.  She commented on how pretty in looked in my new outfit.  Little did any of us suspect at the time that exactly 1 month later I would wear the same outfit to attend her funeral.  We stayed for about 45 minutes.  I wanted to stay longer, especially when I saw the look on her face when I said we had to leave, but it was Gary's birthday and we needed to get home so our kids and grandkids could come over.  Now I wish we would have stayed for hours!
 She was such a great example to me.  Just watching my aunt and uncle together, you knew that they had a deep love for each other.  She made everyone around her feel special and loved.  Her kids were so lucky to have her for a mom.  I'm sad that I won't hear that laugh again in this life.  

 Sterling had his 1st birthday on August 8th.  He started walking the next day, and has been practically running since then.  He can sure get into things fast.  In the picture below he brought me a pair of Papa's socks and made me put them on his feet/legs.  I tried to get a picture of how curly his hair is in the back.  
 I quilted this froggy quilt for my grandson who is coming the end of this month.
 Here's the fabric for his car seat canopy.
 And this quilt is half way done.  Crossing my fingers he doesn't come early!

No comments: