Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shop Hop

I went to 6 stores on the hop this year. I was too cheap to spend more on gas to go to the stores in Salt Lake. I figured go to fewer stores and spend more on fabric. I took my 13-year-old, Jaycee, with me and we had a blast! I really didn't find that much this year that I "had" to have. Jaycee got a stash too, so I think she had fun. She gets so creative with her sewing machine making pillows, purses and blankets. I'll have to post some pics of her stuff.


I bought this cool Prairie Point Ruler (we always called them Picots). I tried it out on a pillowcase. It will be fun to use it for a quilt border next. It's neat how it makes a long string of points. I think I'll have to buy the bigger ruler next time.


I'm enjoying the summer -- just wish it wasn't so darn hot!! We haven't hit 100 yet (can't wait for that!). We were hoping to put in central air this year, but it looks like it will have to wait another year. The swamp cooler works pretty good until later in the day......then it gets so hot and muggy and I get cranky! And on top of that we just got a pay cut at work last week, so I'm sure I'm not the funnest person to be around. Some days I think it would be nice to have a job where you got paid by the hour not by how many characters you type. We're told to be thankful we have a job and that they aren't sending it to India. I think I better shut up now or I'll get myself in trouble!

No comments: