Saturday, September 12, 2009

Twisted....

How to peel and eat this one???
I have been productive in the quilt department this past week and it feels soooooo good to cross a few things off my never ending list. This is Nann's Dick and Jane Quilt. No one was home at the time I took the pictures to hold it up for me. I'll have to post a picture of the whole quilt later. I love it since I learned to read in Dick and Jane books. It was a fun to quilt it and see their faces......I was a kid again saying "Run Dick run. See the ball?"

Then got this top put together and quilted for my daughter to give to her friend at the baby show last night. I love the colors.
I made it crib size.
I love this robot fabric. I've had it in my stash for over a year. I had a pattern picked out to use, but of course when I went to get it I couldn't find it. I just cut out 6-1/2 inch squares of the robots and rockets, then bordered each with 2-1/2 inches of fabric. It's about 42 x 42 inches. So easy!!
All ready to wrap up for my friend, Becky, who has a new grandson.

4 comments:

Micki said...

it is such a cute quilt. You did a wonderful job!
Micki

Nedra said...

I've never seen a carrot like that before, and yes, you have been very productive.

Nann said...

Thanks for quilting my Dick and Jane quilt. I love it and will probably hang it in my entry or over the banister.

I do love that carrot!

Myra said...

Adorable baby quilts Carrie! I too learned from the Dick and Jane books...
That is one interesting looking carrot! lol!