Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome Spring

I love our two flowering trees. Each spring I wait for them to bloom...and it makes me so happy to see them. Their pinkish-purple blooms let me know that spring is really here. I snapped these pictures yesterday. Good thing because we have dreary, raining weather today.
I haven't blogged in so long that I forgot my password. How crazy has life been? I really miss the days of sugar-coated happy life with my rose colored glasses. Seriously....why do things have to be so complicated, stressful, and frustrating?? Argg! (Okay, I'm done whining)
I did manage to get a little quilting done. I made a couple of baby quilts for my daughter, Jodi. Her baby shower is Saturday. I was hoping to have 4 quilts done...sigh! Hopefully I'll get the other 2 done before her baby gets here. I found a link to making a nursing cover that I want to try too. There are so many creative blogs out there with such fun ideas....I just want to quit work and try them all!
I used Minkee fabric on the back. I was a little hesitant to try it, but I'm really impressed with how easy it quilted. I love how soft and cuddly it makes the quilt. I definitely will be using it a lot more for baby quilts.

1 comment:

Micki said...

I love your pink quilt...very lovely indeed!
Micki