Friday, August 20, 2010

Baseball Quilt

I made a baseball quilt for Jodi's sister-in-law.  I didn't like the first quilt top I made so this is #2.  I'll still get the first one quilted one day.  I wish I would have found a pattern and used it.  Sometimes I just get carried away making my own patterns...which don't always turn out the best.  The baseball fabric is from JoAnn's.  As a rule I don't use their fabric.  I prefer the "name brand" fabric.  But this was some Alexander Henry fabric, so I knew it was good.  I have to laugh at myself.  I will wear Walmart clothes but have to have the designer fabric!
Gary's garden is producing tons of cucumbers and zucchini.  Love cukes, onions, and vinegar!!  Hoping the tomatoes will get ripe soon.  Does anyone have a good recipe for zucchini bread?
ORANGE! We live by the freeway entrance and a freeway overpass.  They will be widening the freeway for the next 2 years, so those roads are closed or down to 1 lane with a flagger.  They've put 2 more lights in a CRAZY intersection for temporary on and off ramps.  You know how they call some freeway interchanges the spaghetti bowl.  I call this the toilet bowl.  What a mess!

On top of that they are putting new pipe down a main road into our neighborhood.  So your have to detour for 20 miles to get home.  Okay, I'm exaggerating...maybe just 1 mile.  I'm sick of orange signs.  (Love the upside down detour sign.  Apparently they ran out of signs and had to improvise.)

**Good news!  Gary got offered a job and starts Monday.  It's such a big relief.  I know it will take a while to get back on top of things again, but there's hope in our lives again.

3 comments:

Sandy Buffington said...

Yay Gary! I hope it is a wonderful job that he loves!

Micki said...

Congrats! You two must be so happy that Gary got a job!
Micki

Nann said...

Love the construction!! The quilt is cute and the girls are so cute in the headbands. I am so excited for Gary!!