Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scrappy Cell Phone Case

 This was my Sunday afternoon project.  I had some scraps from a baby quilt that I wanted to use.
 I've been wanting to try out this foot for my Juki sewing machine.  I'm not sure what it's called...a rolled hem foot maybe?  It took a few tries to get the hang of it.  I cut the strips 1-3/4 inches.
 Then I figured out how big to make the bag.  I gathered the strips in the middle.  I drew three lines on the main piece of fabric for the bag and sewed the three strips along those lines, trying to gather them evenly.
 I added some batting and another layer of fabric for the lining.  I put the seam in the back, sewed the bottom seam, and finished the seams with the serger.  Then I finished the top edge and added a button.  Ta-da!
 I had a helper drop by.  She loves my sewing room.  She played with the button bottles (they're plastic).  Then I gave her some rick-rack to play with....and play she did!
Katelynn has the biggest eyes!


Nedra said...

Really cute Carrie! And I mean both the cell phone case made of Valentine materials and your darling little grand daughter.

Myra said...

Both cute! Project and the little one... 8-)