Thursday, July 14, 2011

Phase of the moon.....


I remember one of our first trips to Arkansas to visit Gary's family.  We were at the little wooden church next to his Grandma's house.  There were a few ladies from town there talking about a friend who left her husband.  One lady said (in her cute Southern accent) "She packed up her sheep and left.  Must be the phase of the moon."  I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.  It's been a joke at our house ever since.  When you're having a bad day it's because of  the darn phase of the moon


Well, I had a bad day this week.  I had a disagreement with my teenager.  We exchanged words, I was hot and tired....and just turned into a crabby, cupboard door slamming mom.  I got the dishes done in record time and only broke 1 dish.  Then I bathed Max.  I left the wet towels in the middle of the bathroom floor.  I didn't scrub the tub when I was done either.  Not my bathroom.  It belongs to the teenager who made me mad.  I took Max outside and gave him a doggie haircut.  I was so worked up I just kept clipping and shaving.  Ooops, kind of a short haircut.

I'm a little ashamed of myself when I think about it now.  I blame it on the phase of the moon.

By the way, I did pick up the wet towels....but I couldn't bring myself to scrub the tub.  I have to have a little revenge, right?

1 comment:

Nann said...

So sorry you had a bad day. You know it is a full moon this week!! At least you had someone to be crabby at - Me, I can only scream at the mirror!!