Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another reunion

 This weekend was the Orme Family Reunion again.  Gary, Jaycee, and I just went down for the day yesterday.  It was good to see all the aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, again.  They always have the best crafts.  This year we spray painted shirts.  Some of the teens were cutting out stencil patterns.....so talented!  This was the Halloween shirt that several of them made.  Then they were making EVERYTHING out of duck tape.  Wallets, bracelets, masks, slippers, etc. (Thanks Jenn and Michelle!)

I wish we would have taken our tent and camped down there, but both Gary and I had to work today at 6 a.m.  Bad excuse...we should have gotten it off.  I even forgot to tell my kids about it.  I'm losing my mind....or just in denial that this summer is almost over.  It really makes me sad to see it end. 

Number of times camping -- big 0.  
Number of times 4-wheeling -- 3.
Number of times we left Utah County -- 2.
Lame-o for sure!!  

I'm getting nervous because we need to get our salsa canned and the hot pickles made.  We've been out of salsa for months and are down to about 10 bottles of pickles.  
I just don't know how to do it all.  I started a 2nd part-time job last week so that means 64 hours of work a week.  How to fit in some quilting therapy and all the other stuff I have to do.  I think I must be crazy to try it....but we need the extra income for about 8 months or so.  Hoping by next spring I can kiss the second job goodbye...before my hands wear out from all the typing.  

1 comment:

Nann said...

The kids loved the marshmellow guns your brought to the reunion. It was fun to see everyone. I have 10 lbs of pickling cukes coming on the 1st if you want them.