Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

 I finished quilting my friends quilt.  It's a cute baby quilt for a her soon to arrive niece.  I love the bright stars.  I know I've mentioned before how much I love the soft Minky fabric on the back of baby quilts.  So glad she had some for this quilt.
 I've been working on a baby quilt.  I had a bundle of fat quarters that I did in a Buggy Barn flower pattern.  I got the idea from my sister, Tracy, and did quite a few quilts years ago like this.  I found my packages of sew on chenille for the centers when I was cleaning my quilt closet a few weeks ago...and it gave me the idea to use it again.  It's really so easy to sew on.

 Then brush it with a stiff brush.  I really love the fuzzy look!!!  
 And here's the reason for the lazy Sunday afternoon....a real snow storm!  It started out as a rainy day and turned to snow...Yay!!  This has been the mildest winter I remember.

No comments: