Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ruffle Purse

 I've been doing a little sewing.  Yay!  Gary and I went on a ride last week and got over to Salem.  I asked him to stop at Gracie Lou's to see if they had any new fabric I couldn't resist.  Well....I left without fabric but with a new purse pattern.
 I fell in love with the ruffles.  I want to try another one in a cute polka-dot fabric.
 You can find the pattern here.  It was a good pattern, easy to follow.  The ruffles took some time to sew, but not hard to do.  I really LOVE how it turned out.
 Here's my new addiction.  Downton Abbey.  I watched the 1st season and now I'm hooked.  I've been watching the 2nd season while I've been sewing.  I think I'll have to watch it one more time to make sure I caught all of it.  It's set in England around the 1920s.  It's so interesting to see how they lived back then and how upper class and servants interacted.  It got me wondering what my life would have been like if I was born back then.  Don't think I would have liked being a servant.
 My parents celebrated their birthdays together on Sunday.  My dad's birthday is in February and mom's in March.  Jaycee made this birthday cake for them.  She looked on Pinterest for recipes for the frosting. I think it's so cute.  She did such a good job on the writing.  Yup....she got the crafty gene!!

1 comment:

Nann said...

The purse is so cute! And Jaycee's cake was wonderful. She is a great cook!