Saturday, June 30, 2012

Car Quilt

 The baby shower for my daughter-in-law was today so now I can post the pictures of the quilt I made her.  I saw one similar to this in the Cotton Shop here in town.  They were out of a lot of the fabrics but I was able to get the cars fabric and stripe fabric.  I had the Kona black (my favorite black fabric!) already.
 I did a pebble stitch around the cars.  Love how it looks in the background.  After I was finished quilting it and did the dotted lines down the road by hand with some yellow embroidery floss.  The finished quilt looks like it took more work than it did......easy peasy!
 I did another pink and black quilt....this one for my niece in Las Vegas who just had baby #3.  Can't wait to see her some day.  I'd like to go down and visit my sister and all the family in Vegas but I'm not a fan of the heat.  Maybe this fall when it cools off a little we'll make it down that way.

I have been struggling with my work schedule.  I just don't like working from noon to 8 or 9 p.m.  In a couple of weeks I will be making a change and going back to doing transcription for the same company but day shift Sunday to Thursday.  Woo-hoo!!  That's Gary's schedule so it will work much better for us.  It will make it possible for us to go camping a lot this summer.  Never thought the day would come when I'd be so excited to visit the porta-potty in a cabana and spend nights in a tent on a squeaky cot while having nightmares about bears!!

1 comment:

Lara Leigh Raulston said...

I love the Car Quilt!! It is going to be his favorite!!:)