Thursday, June 21, 2012

May in Review



 I haven't been very good about posting.  Here's just a quick recap of how boring exiting my life is.  Jaycee, Gary, and I went for a ride.  We tried out a new round-about by Nann's house and ended up at the State Hospital -- as visitors!  There's a small field that has 3-4 dozen or more deer in it.  They were enjoying an afternoon snack and didn't seem to mind us too much.  We got really close and they just looked at us and then went back to eating.
Gary and I took an evening walk in Provo Cemetary.  It was right after Memorial Day and so all the beautiful flowers were still out.  We found my dad's side of the family, my mother-in-laws family, and then my mom's family.
 We need to go back and walk there again this summer.  It's so fun to see all the different headstones.  My parents used to walk through this cemetary when they were dating.  My dad has a story about this lady headstone.  I remember hearing it from the time I was little.  Kinda funny that my dad ended up being a mortician/funeral director.  Wonder if the cemetary walks influenced him?   
 We've had some awesome ham fried rice made by my sister, Nann.  She is an excellent cook.  I should ask her to teach me how to make it....or better yet teach Gary! 
I have done some quilting but can't post pictures until after the baby shower the end of this month.  My new work schedule is right in the middle of the day.  I really makes me feel so nonproductive since I don't really have a big chunk of time of sew.  Here's hoping I get better organized.

No comments: