Monday, September 24, 2012

Sad Day.....Lost Our Molly

I knew this day would come...just never thought it would be so soon.  Ten years ago all our kids wanted for Christmas was a dog.  Christmas Eve came and they were still asking for "just a dog."  This sent Gary and I on a crazy last minute search for one.  We ended up in American Fork at a pet store.  There was one puppy that caught our eye......and hearts.  We brought that bundle of white fur home and as soon as the kids saw her it was truly Christmas.  She was a Cockapoo with the best temperament ever!!  Such a lovable dog.  As the kids have all grown up and left home except for our youngest, she became our dog.  The past 6-8 months her eyesight has gotten really bad and she has been slowing down.  She got really sick in the middle of the night last night.  Within a couple of hours she was gone.  We've cried and cried over losing her.  I just don't know what we'll do without her.  All of our kids have lost their dear dog.  It's going to be hard.

I've worked from home for most of her life and she has been my faithful companion, sitting with her head resting on the feet of my chair.  When I started my new job 2 months ago working outside the home it was an adjustment for her.  On my 3rd day of work Jaycee sent me a picture of Molly looking out the front door.  Jaycee said she had been sitting there for a couple of hours waiting for me to come home.  Molly was the momma dog.  She would wait at the top of the stairs for everyone to come home every night.  I dread coming home from work and not having her there to greet me with her tail and butt wagging with joy.  She has slept in Jaycee's room every night for the last 5 or so years.  I know it will be hard for Jaycee to not have her at the foot of her bed every night.  She has helped her through some hard times this past year.

We got a second dog when Molly was a year old.  Max is a toy poodle and a little high strung.  Molly and Max have been inseparable over the years.  What mischief one didn't think of the other one would.  When they laid down for their naps they would always be in exactly the same position.  So sad for Max to have lost his partner.  I'm so sad....so very sad at losing her.  I know that she's waiting patiently in heaven for us.

We've been living with my sister, Nann, for the past 6 months.  She let us move in with the 2 dogs, which I know most people wouldn't do.  Molly has always been Nann's dog when she would come to visit.  I know that Molly was her dog too, especially these past months.  Thank you Nanna for making her life more enjoyable!!

2 comments:

Me said...

So sad:(

Nann said...

I miss her so much. I am so glad she waited until I was home from vacation so that I could see her one more time. Thank you for sharing Molly's last months with me!! Nann