Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birthday Quilt


 My sister, Nann, turned 55 last year.  We had a family birthday party and had everyone sign a quilt block for her.  Well....a year later {finally} at her next birthday she received the finished quilt.  I hate to admit that it took me a whole year to get it put together and quilted.  Well actually 362 days, but who's counting.  It was worth it to see the look on her face when she opened it.  
 There's one from our nephew, Blake, who is serving a mission this year.
 There are funny ones.
 And lots of fun birthday wishes from parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.

 I love this one from our dad.  
 It was fun to put this bright colored fabric with it.  I used fabric from my stash....hooray!!  Gotta use that stash up so someday I can buy some more {when I have made room for it}. 
 I hope it serves as a reminder to Nann of how much we love her and all she does for us.  Happy Birthday Nann!!

1 comment:

Nann said...

It was worth the wait. I love it, and have fun reading them all again, and again.

Thank you for this and all the time it took. It is precious to me!

Nann