Thursday, January 16, 2014

Skull Quilt

 I've been going through some of my fabrics, trying to use them up.  I found a bunch of red, white, and black pieces.  Got me thinking that I still had a few blocks sewn from a couple of skull quilts I made a few years ago for Christmas presents.  
I dug them out those blocks and my instructions.  This all started when I found a picture of a skull quilt on a blog, but could never find a pattern to match.  I enlarged the picture until I had a pretty good copy of a block.  I made a few test blocks while monkeying around with measurements, trial and error, and finally made one that worked.  Yay!!  Thank goodness I wrote it all down so I can do it again.
 So I've been cutting and sewing, using up every little speck of fabric.  I know some people don't really like skulls, but I can't help myself.  I just love them!!  This makes the cutest skull quilt.  I'll keep showing my progress.  I think I might have enough fabric to do a couple of quilts.  I'm claiming one for myself....I need a new favorite quilt to cuddle up in to read or watch TV.
This cute Birthday sign was a Christmas present from my son and daughter-in-law {Jonny and Bekkah}.  I love the idea and can't wait to see how it grows over the years as we add more to the family. 

No comments: