Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Olympic Quilt

 I've made a lot of progress on my hexagon quilt....Yay!!  I picked it up again during the Olympics.  It was fun to watch the events every night and have my handwork in my lap.  It made me think about all the work and dedication the athletes put into getting to the Olympics to compete with others from around the world.  I decided this was my Olympic quilt.  The blocks remind me of the Olympic rings.  It takes a lot of time to cut out each piece of fabric, color coordinate them into blocks, and then all the hand stitching to put them together.  Hours and hours of work.  And now that The Voice is on TV in the evenings there's more time to work on the quilt.  {I'm really not a TV junkie...but do have my favorite shows!}
 It's something I enjoy.  The needle going in and out of the fabric.  How the blocks look when finished and how great all the different colors look together with the white fabric.  Similar to how the athletes enjoy their sport too!!  I needed a goal to look towards.  So I decided to have it complete to enter in the County Fair this summer.  My Olympic Event!!
Spring has been teasing us again this year.  Warm and sunny and then cold and windy.  This morning we had some snow....but it didn't last long.  I really don't mind the cold and rain.  It's a good excuse to make some chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles.  Comfort food for sure!

2 comments:

jamie said...

I'M SO EXCITED YOU ARE ENTERING THE QUILT IN THE FAIR, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!

jamie said...

I'M SO EXCITED YOU ARE ENTERING THE QUILT IN THE FAIR, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!