Saturday, June 21, 2014

What's new??

Time is flying by....faster than I can believe.  I haven't been very productive in the quilting department.  I used the excuse that we just moved way longer than should have been allowed.  I just don't feel that motivated or that inspired to quilt.  In 7 weeks my new grandson will be here and I've only got one quilt done, and it isn't even bound yet.  I went shopping tonight for fabric to make a car seat canopy.  Hopefully I'll be able to get that done in the next day or two.  I'd like to say that I'm working on it tonight while my husband works and Jaycee is out with a friend, but I'm ready to plop down in front of the TV and play games on my phone.  But before I do, here's a quick update on things going on lately.
 Gary and I made a quick trip to Las Vegas to see my sister and her family.  It was so wonderful to just be lazy and not feel guilty.  We enjoyed seeing my sister, brother-in-law, their kids and grandkids.  And the best part???  We got to swim in their pool Saturday afternoon.  I haven't been swimming for over 12 years.  It felt so nice.  I think I would seriously consider moving to Vegas if I could have a pool in the backyard!!  Well, that and if I could talk all my kids into following us down there.  Can't bear the thought of being that far away from the grandkids.  We didn't have time to visit other family down there, but I promise we'll try to make another trip in the fall down that way.  
 Thank you Dena and Rick for an amazing weekend!!
 Here are a few pictures from our new place.  It's nice to have our things around us and on the walls.  Makes it feel like home!


The End

No comments: