Thursday, August 7, 2014

Oh boy, this may be a bad thing.  I found the recipe for Swig Cookies the other night and had to try it.  I think they are the same cookies they serve at Sodalicious.  How can something that tastes so good be so bad for you??  The ingredients are enough to send your cholesterol through the roof.  {Why yes, my oven racks do need to be cleaned....ha ha}
 Cooling on the racks.    
 You store them in the fridge and frost just before serving.  I have to admit that I ate a whole cookie the night I made them and it made me sick.  Too much sweetness.  So I've had a piece here and there, but I still have a pan full in the fridge.  Hmmm....wonder if I can freeze them?  I didn't get a picture of them frosted, but I just did a pink buttercream, not the sour cream frosting from the recipe.  Now, if you're still willing to get addicted to these cookies, here's the link to the recipe I used.  There are several out there on Pinterest, all very similar.
 Of course the night we decided to cook corn and BBQ burgers it decides to rain.  Gary looked so cute using my big umbrella to run back and forth checking the grill.


 I finally got back to some quilting.  This is a quilt for a girl I work with.  My mom showed me this pattern in one of her Missouri Star Quilt Magazines.  Really easy way to make a quick quilt. 
 I added another row, the yellow and purple stripe fabric.  Love how it looks!! {I'll try to make another quick post showing how I made each block soon}
 We are still playing the waiting game for grandbaby #8.  It has to be soon...can't stay in there forever!!

No comments: