Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A New Baby

 He's here....grandbaby #8.  He evens the count to 4 boys and 4 girls.  The next one to mess that up has to fix it, ha ha!!!  He was born on the evening of August 8th weighing in at 6 pounds 12 ounces and he was 19 inches long.  She's naming him
Sterling David.  The name was a surprise to everyone.  Had to wait until he was born to find out.
 Jaycee did great, the normal sore and tired that a new mom gets, but doing great as a first-time mommy.  He looks so cute here holding his bottle.
 Ten fingers and toes.  Lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and great-grandparents to spoil him.  This little guy and his mommy live with us, so it's been really fun.  Gary and I both took 9 days off work to help out with the new one.  I have to go back to work tomorrow and I'm dreading it.  Back to those 5 a.m. alarms. Actually that would be the 5:03, 5:05, 5:07, 5:10, and 5:11 alarms too.  What can I say?  I'm not a morning person!  Yup it's back to the daily grind.  Bleh!!  I really could get used to sleeping in every day and doing nothing but holding a baby.  I've enjoyed taking an afternoon nap.  I really can't remember the last time I was this lazy.
 I did get a quilt on the frames yesterday, but didn't get much quilting done.  I love this fabric, the curvaceous ladies in their swim suits!     
 It's a quilt for my friend for her queen size bed.  Do you think her husband will love the fabric as much as we do??
 And now back to this.

No comments: