Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to School

 So this is my second year of not having a child in the public school system.  Oh boy, I'm so glad to be done with that phase of life.  This "Back to School" post is in honor of my grandchildren.  My oldest grandson, Brandon, is in Junior High.
 My oldest granddaughter, Eden, is in 6th Grade.
 Jayda is in 2nd grade this year.
 And two have started Kindergarten!  BrookLynn goes to the same school as her sister, Jayda.
 And Jack goes to the same school as his sister, Eden.
   Future students are Katelynn, who will start kindergarten next year.
   And here's Bane, who has a few years to go. 
   And the new baby, Sterling.  {I took these pics from Facebook -- isn't technology wonderful??}

As I saw everyone posting the first day of school pictures on Facebook it brought back memories of dropping my kids off at school on the first day.  I was tearful with my first, Jared.  I'm pretty sure I stood outside of the school for half an hour in case he needed me, and then bawled the whole way home.  It got easier and easier over the years dropping off Jamie, Jonny, and Jodi -- until the day finally arrived to take my baby, Jaycee, to kindergarten.  She was nervous, but I was soooo excited that morning.  I dropped her off in her classroom and then I danced.  Seriously, I really kicked up my feet and did a little dance right there in the hallway of the school.  Woo-hoo!!  The smile went from ear to ear.  Then I noticed the other moms standing there with tears running down their faces, looking at me as if I were totally crazy!  I stopped in my tracks, not knowing what to do next.  The janitor, noticing the situation, looked at me and said "Let me guess, last child starting school?"  Yuppers.  I think he'd seen it a few times before.  Yay, all 5 kids in school.  My memory is a little foggy, but I'm pretty sure I went home, cleaned the house, and then sat on the couch for an hour in amazement that the house STAYED CLEAN!!

No comments: