Saturday, May 16, 2015

Catching Up

 Our oldest son and his wife had a gender reveal party for their 5th baby.  They have 2 boys and 2 girls, so either way they were happy.  And we have 4 grandsons and 4 granddaughters, so this was really a tiebreaker!  With each new baby it's still so much fun to find out the gender!!
 My son and their oldest boy shot off these cannons and out came......BLUE!!!
 It was fun to watch all the confetti fall.  I'm excited for the little guy to arrive this fall.
 I found this fabric at the Cotton Shop in their flat folds.  I bought enough for 3 baby quilts.  I bought a cute gray polka dot for the back of the first one.  After I got it done I decided that I needed more fabric cuz I'm so in love with it!  I went back to the store and, of course, they were all out.  Oh well.  I want to find a green polka dot for back of the next one.  
 I didn't do any piecing, just machine quilted the 1-1/4 yards of fabric.  Fun way to whip up a baby quilt in a hurry.
 I made one of these Poppy Nursing Pillows for Jaycee.  This one for my boss's daughter.  They sew up so fast and easy.  There's a pattern for the pillow form and a pattern for the cover.  I found this cute Minky fabric at JoAnn's (and used my 50% coupon).  Here's the link for the pattern and tutorial.

 I took these pictures of our beautiful mountains from my bedroom window last month.  There's still quite a bit of snow on them.  It was such a mild winter that we are worried about having enough water.  But, we've had a rainy week or two, so hopefully that helps!  

No comments: