Friday, July 10, 2015

Double Rainbow

 I’ve been feeling kind of down lately.  My boss at work noticed and took me aside today to ask what was wrong.  I tried to explain my feelings of inadequacy.  I feel like my job isn’t that great, that my life is going nowhere.  She was quiet, thoughtful for a bit.  
  A little later when we were alone again she told me, “Carrie, don’t discount the work we do here.  I know this job doesn’t pay what it should for the hard work we do, but it is important.”  We discussed how we share the belief that these people we care for are special spirits here on earth.  She told me not many people can do the work we do.  As we talked, it made me realize that my job is important.  It may not be glamorous, and the only travel I do is from home to work, but it matters.  I take care of some special people who have imperfect bodies and minds, but who are angels here on earth.  Even days when my back is killing me and I’m up to my armpits in poop, it matters.  
 I know someday I will see my ladies again and be humbled to be in their presence.  I’ll know that I’ve done everything I could have to make life here on earth easier, happier, and that I’ve treated them with dignity.  And most of all, I know that I’m capable of unconditional love.  I wish I could share some of the special experiences I’ve had the past few years, but HIPAA laws prevent that.  I just have to trust that this is where I’m supposed to be.
 Sitting on the porch at the end of the day we had a refreshing summer rainstorm.  Then the double rainbows appeared.  I took it as a sign that life is at it should be.  I'm thankful for simple things.  Don't we have a great view of the mountains from the front porch??  I love it!!
Tried out the oil painting setting on my camera on Sterling.  Fun!!

2 comments:

Nann said...

What sweet words. Love you!

Lavada said...

What a great boss you have to help you refocus on what is truly important.

We were driving to Payson when those rainbows appeared! They were wonderful! Wish I had made Pat pull off the freeway and take a picture.