Tuesday, September 22, 2015

He's here.......Grandbaby #9

 My newest grandson arrived on September 18, 2015 at 6:46 p.m.  He weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 18-1/2 inches long.  He made his appearance a couple of weeks early, but is still a good size. His name is Jett Lorenzo.
 Here's a cute picture of my son, Jared, handing the baby back to mommy (Lara Leigh).  She was induced early because the baby's heartbeat keep dipping down too low on non-stress tests.  
 And, of course, what's not to love about a picture of me with the baby....ha ha!!  He has his mom's pretty dark eyes.  He's such an adorable baby.  I fell in love instantly.
Lara Leigh invited me to go the hospital with them and watch the delivery.  It was a fun experience,  The miracle of birth brings tears to my eyes every time, and everyone in the room.  After the doctor delivered the baby, she said to my daughter-in-law, let me show you something.  The cord had a knot in it.  She said that usually you get a stillborn baby with something like this.  It doesn't show up on ultrasounds. That explains his heartbeat dipping down.  He's a little miracle baby!

No comments: