Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Jungle Fun

 I made this fun baby quilt for my cousin's son.  I had a hard time finding jungle-themed fabric.  I found this yardage and cut it into a center piece, then added borders.  Out of the leftover fabric I fussy cut the setting squares for the border.  I made the top last week, then quilted and bound it on Monday -- the day of the shower.  Once again, I work better under the pressure of a deadline, ha ha!!
 I quilted a big quilt for my friend.  She wanted it fluffy with not too much quilting.  I kept putting off doing it because I wasn't sure how to quilt it.  Then I just decided to try a meandering stitch.  I practiced doodling it and then just put the fabric on and went with it.  Turned out pretty good.
 This is a crib sized quilt I embroidered when I was expecting my third child.  I remember sitting out on the porch watching Jared and Jamie play while I embroidered.  I wasn't sure if I was having a boy or girl, but this was pretty gender neutral.   
 It's been washed many, many times and now is really soft.  Jonny has it tucked away on a shelf along with a few other baby quilts.  When I saw it a couple of months ago it made me want to do another one. 

 I bought this one at JoAnn's with my 60% off coupon...woohoo!!  This one is as wide as Jonny's, but not as long.  Oh well, I'm tickled with it.  It's relaxing to work on it.  The only hard part is not going through the back, since I don't want to have to sew a back on when done.  I like the soft cotton feel it has now.  
I've been working on it at night while watching TV and on the way home from work while my husband drives.  I'll just keep posting my progress every few weeks.  I'm hoping to get it done in time for Christmas.

1 comment:

Nanna said...

The jungle quilt was so cute! I like the embroidery. Nice and relaxing.