Thursday, December 3, 2015

Happy December

 We put our tree up before Thanksgiving.  I know, a lot of people hate that, but we did it anyway.  I'm determined to make it a great Christmas.  For various reasons, I have hated Christmas the past few years.  It's time to like it again, right? 
 We didn't get our big tree and old fashioned (glass) ornaments out of storage this year.  Instead we bought this smaller tree and plastic ornaments (toddler safe) from the dollar store.  Not too shabby.  
 This is a cool bottle I found at the thrift store. I had Gary add the knob on top.  It's one I picked up out of the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago.  It's been waiting in my drawer for the perfect jar.  Looks so festive full of candy (which didn't last long).
 Here's a few shots of the progress on the embroidery on the baby quilt.

 It's a TON MORE WORK than I thought it would be.  Oh well, I'm determined to get it done.....sometime next year!  I bought two more kits, but I'm waiting to see what grandbaby #10 is.  We find out if it's pink or blue a few days after Christmas.  So exciting!!  We have 4 granddaughters and 5 grandsons, but they want a boy.  Either way it's going to be fun to have another one to love.  Jett, our newest little guy, is getting so big.  I held him at Thanksgiving.  I just love being a grandma!

 Since I've been bad at blogging, here are a couple Halloween pictures.  Sterling was Calvin and Hobbes.  It was quite the ordeal trying to find a Hobbes stuffed animal.  He ended up looking so darn cute!  Jaycee did her own makeup and did half her face as a sugar skull.  I didn't get any pictures of the other grandkids.  I think that should be a New Year's resolution, more pics of the grandkids!

No comments: